Mold Remediation in a San Antonio Home
When San Antonio homeowners had to leave their home for an extended period of time due to illness, the unthinkable happened. The first floor of their 2,200 square foot home was completely inundated with mold. Their hot water heater had a slow leak and over several weeks, the moisture in the home and air created a perfect breeding ground for mold. The walls, ceiling and even some furniture fell victim to the rapidly expanding mold.
SERVPRO of Northwest San Antonio was called to help. Over two weeks, our highly trained team disposed of all affected contents of the home. We packed out and cleaned the hard surfaces as well as demoed the entire first floor, hauling off all affected material.
This is an extreme case of what mold can do to your home if left to its own devices. Luckily, the homeowners were able to rebuild the home from the inside and will be moving back in permanently this year!
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When the mold is disturbed, it can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Northwest San Antonio for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Northwest San Antonio specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.