Do You Live in San Antonio, Texas and Have Mold in Your Home?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it extremely hard to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Below are some interesting facts about mold.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- Mildew is a type of mold that remains on the surface of the affected materials.
- Christmas trees can be a source of mold spores.
- Mold growth is a sign of water damage.
If your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Northwest San Antonio can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (210) 521-3313